In order to process credit card or ACH payments, you must have a merchant account with a credit card processing company. If you don't currently have a merchant account, storEDGE will assist you in signing up with one of the companies we integrate with. storEDGE integrates with the following credit card processors:
- OpenEdge fka PayPros*
- Sage Merchant Services
- Transfirst Merchant Services
Once you have a merchant account setup with one of the above processors, storEDGE will obtain the appropriate API credentials from the processor and assign them to your account. After this is completed you may now process credit cards (and ACH payments if you've enrolled in ACH processing via your merchant account application) in your storEDGE account.
Due to storEDGE being PCI compliant, storEDGE does not store credit card or bank account information. When credit card or bank account information is entered in a tenant's account in storEDGE, that information is encrypted, sent to the credit card processing company and stored with the credit card processing company. The credit card processing company then returns either an accepted or declined message to storEDGE. storEDGE records that message and displays the last 4 digits of the credit card or bank account for reference.
Switching Payment Processors or Gateways
If you are currently using storEDGE, have a merchant account with one of the processors listed above and want to switch to a different provider listed above or will be switching gateways with the same processor, please contact email@example.com. The following steps will need to be taken.
- You will need to complete the new merchant account application.
- Once the application has been approved by the credit card processor, storEDGE will obtain the new API credentials from the processor.
- We will then work with you to schedule the switch. The switch will need to be made during our support hours of 8 am to 5 pm CST, Monday - Friday.
- At the scheduled time, storEDGE will update your account with the new API credentials. During the update for
- switching processors, any previously saved credit cards and ACH accounts will be archived in your account. You will need to re-enter the credit card and ACH account details for each tenant. The tenants' credit card and ACH account details used with your old merchant account will not automatically transfer to your new account.
- switching gateways, you will need to delete any previously saved credit cards and ACH accounts and then you will need to re-enter the credit card and ACH account details for each tenant. The tenants' credit card and ACH account details used with your old merchant account will not automatically transfer to your new account.
*storEDGE may apply a monthly fee to use this processor.