Your software gives you the option to supply specific documents based on specific conditions during move-in or move-out. For example, if you have a specific lease you'd only like to populate for military accounts, you can set conditions for that document that will ensure it will only be used for military accounts. There are many different conditions that you can set for your documents, and you can set more than one condition for your documents as well.
This guide will instruct you in:
- Setting conditions for your documents
- Applying more than one condition to a document
- Setting condition groups
- Selecting or deselecting documents during move-in
Before setting conditions for your documents, first ensure that the documents you'd like to use are turned on, added to the desired document sets, and attached to the appropriate actions.
You’ll add conditions to documents within document sets and not within the document template. This ensures that you can use the same document across multiple facilities and multiple document sets and still cater the conditions of the document to the facility where it will be used.
To add conditions to a document:
- Access your Corporate Documents settings.
- Click Edit next to the desired document set.
- Find the document to which you’d like to apply conditions and click the Edit button in its Conditions column.
- A new window will open that will allow you to set specific conditions for the document. You can set conditions as Always, Never, or When specific conditions are present. When you select When, you can choose to set your conditions based on whether a tenant uses autopay, their insurance type, services they're enrolled in, their account type, amenities, or the unit type they're renting.
- When you're finished, click Save.
More information about how conditions will work when used:
- Insurance Type: Populates the document only for tenants with specific insurance.
- Service: Populates the document only for specific services.
- Account Type: Populates the document according to account type, such as personal, business, military, or student.
- Unit Amenity: Populates the document only for tenants renting units with certain amenities.
- Unit Type: Populates the document only for tenants who are renting a specific unit type.
For example, if you'd like your document to only be applied to tenants whose account type is marked as business, select Always, Account type, and Business. That document will then only populate for business accounts.
Apply more than one condition to a document
You can set more than one condition for a document if you choose. For example, if you want a document to populate only for standard accounts that have store insurance and also have climate control, set your first condition, then click the + And button below your first condition and add your second condition.
Set condition groups
Condition groups allow you to set the same document to populate for certain sets of conditions that are mutually exclusive. For example, if you want the same document to populate for business accounts that have power outlets in their units and also for tenants renting parking spaces that have added vehicle starting and tire pressure checks as a service, you can use condition groups to ensure both sets of conditions populate the same document, even though the conditions are quite different from each other.
Once you've applied a set of conditions to a document, you can add another condition group by selecting +Condition Group. A new section will appear, and you can add a new set of conditions.
Select and deselect documents at move-in
If you name your lease or other document to reflect the conditions you're applying to it, you'll see at move-in that the correct document is populating. For example, if you name your lease for student account types as Lease (Student) and set your conditions for a student account type, then you'll see the lease type on student accounts moving forward, confirming your conditions are working properly. You'll also note that any other documents associated with move-in will also populate. If a tenant falls under more than one set of conditions, it could cause more than one lease to populate.
All documents associated with move-in that apply to your tenant will populate at move-in. That means all documents that are set to Always or Optional will apply, and any conditional leases. If your tenant does not have any conditions that fall under a different lease, the default lease will populate.
Any documents that you can deselect will appear with a dark checkbox. to deselect, uncheck the box and the document will not be included in the move-in.