storEDGE allows you to add custom descriptions to your units so you know exactly what characteristics and amenities each unit has. For example, if you have climate controlled, heated, covered parking, or other descriptions you'd like to associate with your units, you would use Unit Amenities to do this.
A basic set of unit amenities are set up during the creation of your account. You can add to the list, edit or disable amenities at any time.
To access your company's unit amenity settings:
- Click the Corporate button in the upper right of your screen.
- Under the Settings ⛭ section, click on the Software Settings tab and then the Unit Amenities button.
Add a New Unit Amenity
- Click the ⊕ New Unit Amenity button.
- Enter the name you'd like to use.
- Enter the shortcode you'd like to use. Shortcodes are two or three letter abbreviations of the amenity such as CC for Climate Control and DU for Drive-Up.
- Click Save.
Once you have the unit amenity created, you will need to assign it to your units. Go to your facility settings and click on the Units button to edit your units and assign the new unit amenities.
Editing Unit Amenities
When editing unit amenities, it is important to note that those changes will only be reflected in reports from the date of editing and forward. Editing unit amenities will not change past reports.
Disabling Unit Amenities
Before disabling a unit amenity, go to your facility settings and click on the Units button to edit all units currently using that unit amenity. Uncheck this old amenity in the edit screen, save your changes and then disable the old unit amenities.