Your storEDGE software has the ability to save Debit/Credit and ACH/eCheck payments information for future use. These payment methods are eligible for automatic billing.
This can be done both during and after the move-in process:
1) At Move-In
In the Review step of the move-in process:
- When viewing charges, check the box next to Enroll tenant in autopay and select a day in the service period for payments to be processed.
- Continue with the move-in process.
- In the Payment step of move-in, the payment methods will be limited to Credit, Debit, and ACH. The payment method the tenant uses will be used for their monthly auto payments.
2) After Move-In
You can save a payment method for future use after the move-in process either while processing a payment or by going to the tenant’s Payment Methods tab.
- When Processing a Payment
- On the Nav Bar, click Payment. A popup window will appear.
- Begin typing the tenant’s name into the field and click on the name when it appears in the dropdown list. The Payment window will appear.
- Under Select New Payment Method, click the button next to Card Reader, Debit/Credit, or ACH/eCheck.
- Before processing the transaction, check the Save for future use box. This will keep the payment method on file.
- From the Payment Methods Section
- On the tenant’s page, click on the Payment Methods tab at the top of the screen.
- If the tenant does not yet have a payment method saved, click New in the upper right hand corner.
- Use your card reader, or enter in the Debit/Credit or ACH/eCheck information.
- You can elect to sign the tenant up for autopay by checking the box beside the unit(s) that will automatically be billed to the card and choosing a date on which the payment will occur from the dropdown menu.
- If the tenant’s payment method is already on file and you wish to sign them up for autopay, click Edit next to the payment method.
- At the bottom of the screen, check the box next to the units that will be automatically billed from the card and choose a date on which the payments will occur from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save when you’re finished.