Reports are vital to analyzing and understanding the functions of your facilities. Your Reports Tab provides access to various reports to keep you up to speed with how your business is doing. It is denoted by a pie chart icon. Below is a breakdown of system reports and their functions. All reports provide real-time data unless noted below.
- Auction Schedule: Gives you a list of units scheduled for auction.
- Auction Summary: Lists details about the outcome of auctions held for delinquent units.
- Delinquency Stages: A list of any tenants that are currently in delinquency. Tenant name, unit number, move in date, phone number, rental rate, last payment date, last amount paid, number of days past due, paid through date, rent balance, fee balance and account balance are included. Tenants are grouped by delinquency stage.
- Gate Access: A list of all current tenants, their unit numbers, gate access codes, locked out status, and time/keypad zones.
- Lead Sources: A summary of leads, reservations, move-ins, and cancellations by lead source. Also includes move-in conversion rates.
- Lease Versions: A list of which lease version each of your tenants has attached to their tenant files. It will list each of your tenants along with their account number, unit number, address, and lease version.
- Move Ins: This report breaks down all move-ins at your facility for a defined date range. It displays details about each move-in and transfer, including the unit size, type, and rate. Hover over the column headers to see more details on what data is in each column.
- Move Ins/Outs/Transfers: A list of all move-ins, move-outs, and transfers during the defined date range. Includes tenant name, unit number, unit rate, date of the move-in, move-out or transfer and the user who performed the action.
- Moved Out With Balance: A list of all tenants who have moved out and either owed money or had a refund issued. Includes the tenant name, unit number, move out date, amount owed at move out, refund due at move out and the user who performed the action.
- Movement Summary: A list of unit groups and the total move ins, move outs and transfers for each unit group. Includes unit square footage, length, width, height, type, floor, indoor or outdoor access, door type, total units in each unit group, and the net incoming tenants, net change in revenue, and net change in square foot occupancy. Hover over the column headers to see more details on what data is in each column.
- Notes Roll: A list of all the tenant notes added during the defined date range. Includes the tenant name, unit number, date of the note, note category, note kind, note text and the user who added the note.
- Occupancy: A summary of unit counts, square footage and economic occupancy by unit type, size and status. For details about how the data is calculated click here. This report updates once per hour.
- Consolidated Occupancy: This report gives you a comprehensive breakdown of your facility's current occupancy for any date you define, including total occupancy and unrentable, complimentary, reserved, vacant, and occupied units. Hover over the column headers to see more details on what data is in each column.
- Occupancy Summary: Gives you details about how many units are occupied, how many move ins have taken place, and occupancy rates for a specified date range.
- Schedule Move Outs: A list of units that are currently scheduled for move-out. Includes the tenant name, unit number, phone number, paid through date, balance due and scheduled move out date.
- Tenant Contact List: A list of all current tenants and their contact information. Includes the tenant name, unit number, email address, phone number, driver's license number, state and expiration date, the primary alternate contact's name, address and phone number, and the Rental Center username.
- Unit Walkthrough: A list of all units in walk through order. Includes unit number, size, status, tenant name (if applicable), unit's balance (if applicable), unit's paid through date (if applicable), unit's delinquency stage (if applicable), overlock status (if applicable), maintenance status (if applicable), scheduled move out date (if applicable) and a section to write notes if the list is printed.
- Aging: A list of all current and previous tenants who have an unpaid balance or unused credit. Past due amounts are grouped by invoice date in 30 day buckets. This report is designed to be sent to lending institutions.
- Autopay Roll: A list of all tenants currently enrolled in autopay. Includes tenant name, unit number, next autopay date, last 4 digits of credit card or bank account number, and credit card expiration date.
- Bad Debt Write Offs: A list of all charges written off to bad debt during the date range selected. Includes tenant name, unit number, write off date, description of the original charge, date of the original charge, and the amount written off.
- Close of Day: A summary list followed by a detailed list of all collected payments. Originally generated during the Close of Day process, this report provides tenant name, item paid, amount paid and date of payment grouped by payment type. It's important to understand that the Close of Day report is the only report in storEDGE that is not based on the calendar day. The Close of Day report has data in it based on the timing of the close of day process. If you complete the close of day process on Monday at 5 pm and then not again until Thursday at 5 pm, the report generated on Thursday at 5 pm will have all of the payments processed between 5pm on Monday and 5 pm on Thursday.
- Credits Issued: A list of all credits issued during the date range selected. Includes tenant name, unit number, date credit was issued, source of credit (if Source = Credit, the credit was issued from the Issue Credit button on the tenant's ledger), date of the original charge, description of the original charge, amount credited, and the user who issued the credit.
- Daily Summary: The daily summary report presents details about your facility on a selected day. It includes running trends at your facility over the past few months, such as the amount of vacant space you had each month and the amount of revenue you've collected. Additionally, this report gives you details about prior years' revenue and rentals. This report also details all payments from the day specified and details about the day's move-ins and move-outs. *Please contact Support to enable this report in your account.
- Payments by Type Detail: A summary of payments and payment reversals grouped by payment type. Includes a pie chart to show you what percentage of your payments are coming from each payment type. The percentage is based on the quantity of payments by each payment type - not the total dollar amount.
- Discounts: A list of all discounts applied during the date range selected. Includes tenant name, unit number, date discount was issued, item and service period (if applicable) discount was applied to, description of discount, discount amount, original charge amount, and user who applied the discount.
- Facility Ledger: A list of all financial transactions during the date range selected. Includes transaction date, reference number (invoice number or receipt id), tenant name, unit number, type of transaction, description of charge including service period (if applicable), and amount of the transaction. This report is useful in the financial auditing process.
- Fees Waived: A list of all fees waived during the date range selected. Includes tenant name, unit number, date fee was waived, source of the waive (if Source = Waive, the waive was issued by clicking the Waive Fee button on the tenant's ledger), date of the original charge, description of fee waived, amount waived, and user who waived the fee.
- General Ledger: A summary of all financial transactions for the date range selected organized by account code. This report displays the net transactions for the date range and is designed to be used to transfer the financial activity out of storEDGE and into your accounting software. Exporting the report in Quickbooks IIF format will allow you to import it directly into Quickbooks accounting software. Exporting the report in Great Plains CSV format will allow you to import it into Great Plains accounting software.
- General Ledger By Day: A summary of all financial transactions by day for the date range selected organized by account code. Exporting the report in Quickbooks IIF format will allow you to import it directly into Quickbooks accounting software. Exporting the report in Great Plains CSV format will allow you to import it into Great Plains accounting software.
- General Ledger Detail: A list of all general ledger transactions. Includes tenant name, unit number, type of transaction, amount and the general ledger accounts for both sides of the general ledger entry. This report is only available in CSV or TXT format.
- Mail Usage: This report will only be visible to you if you are currently using the Mail House feature. In this report, you'll see details about what type of mail has been sent through mail house on behalf of your facility, including all charges incurred for certified mail, letters, additional pages, and postcards. Includes a list of tenant names, unit numbers, date document was created, document title, type and number of additional pages.
- Payments By Type: A summary of all payments by date and type for the selected date range.
- Reconciliation: Designed for users employing the Cash Accounting method, the Reconciliation report displays all Assets, Revenues, and Liabilities in a manner similar to that of a balance sheet from a standard accounting program.
- The Revenue and Liabilities Totals by Account table provides a further level of detail from the Revenue and Liabilities table by displaying each revenue and liability account code’s total for the specified date range.
- The Asset table displays all cash, check/money order, and credit card totals by day. These payment methods are subtotaled in the table for easy reconciliation to your bank statement.
- The Revenue and Liabilities table displays daily totals by income and liability subcategory (as defined by your facility’s Account Codes). Note that the daily Grand Totals from the Assets and Revenue and Liabilities tables should always combine to be $0.
- The Revenue and Liabilities Breakdown provides the final level of detail from the Revenue and Liabilities table by displaying each revenue and liability account code’s total by day for the specified date range.
- Refunds: A list of all refunds issued and denied during the date range selected. Includes tenant name, unit number, date refund was given or denied, source of the refund (if Action = Refund, the refund was issued by clicking the Refund button on the tenant's ledger or invoice), form of refund payment, amount refunded, and user who issued the refund.
- Rent Rates by Tenant: A list of all tenant's current rent rates. Includes the tenant name, the standard rate for the unit they occupy, the current rate they are paying, any discounts applied to the unit, the actual rate paid and the variance between the standard unit rate and the actual rate. Additionally details about their next rate increase, including the date and new rate are included.
- standard rate = the advertised rate assigned to the unit
- current rate = the rate assigned during the move in process
- actual rate = the amount the tenant is charged for the service period after discounts have been applied
Exporting the Rent Rates by Tenant report to Excel or CSV format will provide additional information including move in date and scheduled move out date.
- Rent Roll: A list of all current tenant balances organized by unit number. Includes unit number, unit size, tenant name, tenant account number, move-in date, paid through date, rent rate, rent balance, insurance balance, fee balance, other balance, prepayment balance and total due. Current delinquency stage for each tenant is also listed for your convenience.
- Sales Tax Invoiced: A summary of sales tax invoiced and collected during the selected date range. This report is comprised of four sections: Sales Summary, Sales Tax Summary, Sales Liability and Sales Tax Liability. The first page shows everything needed for tax return purposes, whereas the following pages provide a daily breakdown of sales and taxes.
- Merchandise Inventory Detail: A list of all retail items and the transactions associated with them during the selected date range. Includes item description, order point quantity, current price, opening balance, ending balance and transaction list.
- Merchandise Sales Detail (fka Merchandise Transaction Ledger): A list of all retail sales and returns during the selected date range. Includes transaction date, item description, general ledger account code associated with the sale or return, invoice number, tenant name (if applicable), unit number (if applicable), quantity sold or returned, sales price, amount of discount (if applicable), sale amount (price - discount), sales tax, total paid or refunded, and user who processed the sale or return.
- Insurance Activity: A list of all insurance payments, credits, refunds, and charges by tenant for a specific date range. Includes the transaction date of the insurance activity, tenant paid through date, and amount of the transaction.
- Insurance Statement: A summary statement of insurance premiums, credits, refunds and retained fees during the selected date range. This statement is intended to be mailed to the insurance provider at the end of the month.
- Insured Tenants Roll: A list of all tenants enrolled in insurance during the selected date range. Includes unit number, tenant name, policy number, start date of insurance coverage, cancellation date of insurance coverage (if applicable), coverage amount/percentage of coverage, monthly premium amount and insurance paid through date. The report is divided into Paid and Unpaid tenants.
Management Summary: A summary overview of all the important statistics for your facility. This report lists revenue totals by revenue type, receipt totals by payment type and by charge type, allowances given (total discounts, fees waived, write offs and credits), quantity of tenants enrolled in insurance, occupancy statistics by unit status, total rental activity (move ins/outs/transfers), total leads by source (phone call, walk in, internet, etc), a summary of unpaid charges, prepayment and security deposit balances and retained revenue totals. This report updates every hour.
Printing and Exporting Reports
You are able to print and/or export reports from the Reports Tab.
- Fill in the date fields (if applicable).
- In the dropdown menu, choose Print (PDF), Spreadsheet (CSV), or Excel (TXT) as desired.
- Click Generate Report to open the PDF version of the report in a new browser or program window. Print the report from the new window.
- Clicking Generate Report for the CSV or TXT version will download the report file to your computer.