The Billing Tab contains lists all of the invoices generated for your facility. It is denoted by a large $ icon on the left side of the screen. It is separated into three sections for facilities using Automatic Invoicing and four sections for facilities using Manual Invoicing. The sections can be accessed by using the tabs in the upper right of your screen.
Click on the desired tab to open the list.
The Sent Bills section displays all invoices that have been generated.
- Use the search at the top of the list to search by invoice number or tenant name.
- Use the filter to isolate open, closed, and retail invoices or unpaid and overdue invoices.
- Choose a date range by typing the dates into the provided fields.
- Results can be printed or exported using the Print button to the right of the filter drop-downs.
- Quickly email a copy of the invoice to a tenant by clicking the Email button. You'll be prompted to confirm or edit the email address before the email is sent.
- Quickly view and print the invoice by clicking the Print button.
This section allows you to review the monthly recurring invoices before they are batched for printing or emailed to tenants. You must check the box next to the tenant's invoice number to include the invoice in a print batch or to prompt the software to email the invoice. The tenant's invoice delivery preference is noted in the far right columns.
- A check box in the column with the printer icon indicates the tenant has elected to receive the invoice via regular mail.
- A check box in the column with the @ symbol indicates the tenant has elected to receive the invoice via email.
- An exclamation point (!) in the email column indicates the tenant does not have an email address on file.
- Blank check boxes in either the print or email column indicates the tenant has elected to not receive the monthly invoice.
It is highly recommended that you let the software do the work for you and send the invoices automatically. See the Billing Settings help article for instructions.
The Payments section shows all payments that have been processed.
The Payments section is a great place to see how tenants are paying their bills. The Origin column will show you if the tenant paid his/her bill online (origin will display storEDGE Rental Center: tenant name), through a kiosk (origin will display kiosk name: tenant name), through autopay (origin will be blank) or if an employee of the facility processed the payment (origin will be the employee's user name).
The Autopay section is where you will address failed autopayments. The software will automatically process autopayments early in the morning on the autopay date set in the tenant's profile. If that autopayment fails, you will be notified via the Task List. Clicking on the Autopay Failed link in the Task List will take you to the billing section's Autopay screen filtered by Failed payments. Here you have three options.
Try to process the credit card again.
Check the box next to the tenant's name and click the Run Payments button.
Remove the tenant from the list of failed autopayments.
Check the box next to the tenant's name and click the Remove button. Removing tenants from the list does not turn off their autopay.
Edit the credit card or ACH on file.
Click the Edit button and update the payment details. You will be required to reenter the entire credit card or ACH account number when editing the payment details. Once the credit card or ACH information is updated, check the box next to the tenant's name and click the Run Payments button to pay their invoice.
For facilities processing autopayments manually, you can process autopayments from the Autopay section. Just filter your Autopayments by Scheduled payments to see autopayments that need to be processed.
On the autopay date set in the tenant's profile, the software will add the “Autopay Scheduled” task to your Task List. Clicking on the Autopay Scheduled link in the Task List will take you to the Billing tab’s Autopay screen filtered by Scheduled payments. Here you have two options.
Process the charges.
Check the box next to the tenants' names for whom you want to run autopay and click the Run Payments button. If the payment is successful, a receipt print batch will be created for anyone with a check in the printer icon column. An email will be sent to anyone with a check in the @ icon column. If the payment fails, you will be notified via the Task List and the tenant will receive an Autopay Failed email message if they have an email address on file.
Remove tenants from the list.
Check the box next to the tenants' names for whom you want to remove from the list and click the Remove button. Removing tenants from the list does not turn off their autopay.