Retail items are any item that your facility sells as a one-time transaction to either tenants or walk-in customers, such as disc locks, boxes, soda, etc.
To access your facility’s retail items settings:
- Click the Settings Tab in the lower left of the screen.
- Under the Billing section, click the Retail Items button. The retail items setting screen will appear.
Adding New Retail Items
To add a single new retail item:
- Click the + Add Retail Item button. A new screen will appear, allowing you to enter specific information about the new retail item.
- Product Code: Use this field to enter the UPC code or abbreviated name of the retail item.
- Item: Use this field to enter a description of the retail item. Note: We recommend making your description in the “Item” field as succinct as possible (i.e. 2 x 2 box, Small Disc Lock, etc.) as the field’s content will appear as a selectable option from many places in the system.
- Quantity: Use this field to enter the total number of the retail items you currently have in your inventory.
- Price: Use this field to enter the price you will charge tenants or customers for the item.
- Tax Rate: Select the tax rate that will be applied to the item by checking the appropriate box. For more information on setting up tax rates, visit the tax rates article.
- Cost: Use this field to enter the amount you paid for the item.
- Account Code: Choose the account code to be assigned to the new retail item from the drop-down menu provided. For more information about account codes, visit the account code article.
- Order Point: Use this field to enter the number at which you want the system to prompt you via the Task List to order more of the item.
- Once you have finished, click the Save button to save your addition.
To add a list of retail items:
- Create a CSV file using this template with your list of retail items.
There are 9 potential data points for each retail item entered in the CSV. Anything marked with an asterisk (*) is a required field in the CSV file.
Column Format for CSV file Example Product Code* Text Box - Large Item* Text Box - Large 18x18x18 Quantity Number 10 Price Number 3.99 Tax Rate 1 Y or N Y Tax Rate 2 Y or N N Cost* Number 0.79 Account Code* Number 4201 Order Point* Number 2
- Click the + Upload CSV button.
- Select the tax rates that will be used on the retail items. Having one or both tax rates set to 0% is acceptable, but two tax rates are required. To set up tax rates, go to Settings > Tax Rates.
- Click the Choose File button to select the CSV file that is your list of retail items from your computer's hard drive.
- Click the Upload button.
Note: Using the Upload CSV process will only add new retail items. It will not update existing retail items.
Note: Remove all inches symbols (") or feet symbols (') from your CSV prior to import. Using these symbols will cause the import to fail.
Editing and Deleting Retail Items
Altering any specific information about existing retail items can be done by clicking either the Edit or Adjust buttons to the far left of the line item you wish to alter.
Editing retail items allows you to change the product code, item name, price, tax rates, account code, and order point.
To edit the retail item:
- Click the Edit button on the line item you wish to edit. A new screen will appear, allowing you to make any necessary changes to the fields described above.
Note: The Quantity and Cost fields cannot be changed via the Edit button. They can only be adjusted using the Adjust button.
2. Click the Save button to save your changes.
Delete a retail item by clicking the Edit button and then the red Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
Adjusting Retail Items
Adjusting retail items allows you to make changes to the quantity, price, and cost of the item. You will also need to specify a reason for the adjustment and will have the option to add a note concerning the adjustment.
To adjust a retail item:
- Click the Adjust button on the line item you wish to adjust. A new screen will appear, allowing you to adjust the quantity, price, and cost per item.
- Adjust Qty: Use this field to adjust the inventory for the selected item. This new amount will be added or subtracted from the current quantity.
- New Price: Use this field to adjust the retail price of the selected item.
- Cost Per Item: Use this field to adjust the wholesale cost of the selected item.
- Reason: Choose a reason for the adjustment from the drop-down menu provided. Note that the reason must match the action being applied. For example, if you adjust the quantity by 5, you cannot enter Receive as the reason. If you are making more than one adjustment, choose Other.
- Add note: Use this field to add a reason for the adjustment.
- Click the Save button to confirm your adjustments.