Your storEDGE software integrates with the following gate software providers:
- DoorKing (1838 Multi-Door Access Controller)
- WinSen (except the RSCM -Remote Site Control Module version)
Gate Integration Requirements
- storEDGE gate software must be installed on the same computer that the DigiGate, DoorKing, PTI, WinSen, QuikStor, or StorGuard gate software is installed.
- A computer with Windows Vista or Windows 7, 8 or 10 that has .Net Framework 3.5 installed
- A broadband internet connection with a 3MB or faster download speed
- Permission to write to the default gate interface directory (for PTI, the default is C:\PTI). This is typically called "admin" access within the Windows operating system.
Gate Integration Steps
- Click the Settings Tab to the left of your screen.
- Under the Settings section, click the Gate Integration button. The gate integration settings screen will appear.
- To begin the installation, choose your gate software in the Gate Provider Name field.
- Next, click the Click to download storEDGEGateSetup.zip link in the upper right of the screen.
- After the file has been successfully downloaded, open the StorEdgeSetup.msi file to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, double click the StorEdge Gate icon that now appears on your computer desktop.
- Double click the StorEdge Gate icon to open the program.
- Click File then Preferences.
- Copy and paste the API Access Information from the Gate Integration page in storEDGE to the 3 open fields.
- Click Test to make sure the gate software is communicating with the facility management software.
- Once the test is successful, click OK.
- At this point, you may need to update the settings within your StorLogix, DigiGate, WinSen, etc. gate software. Often there is an accounting program setup that needs to be completed. Please see your gate software setup instructions for more details.
- Click on File then Start Service.
- The status (in the bottom left) will update to say Service is running…. and the dialog box will display the communication from your storEDGE software account to the storEDGE Gate program.
Gate Integration Troubleshooting:
If you find that the new gate codes or changes to gate codes you are making in storEDGE are not being passed through to your DigiGate, DoorKing, PTI or WinSen gate software, try these troubleshooting steps:
Open the storEDGE Gate icon on your computer desktop. Go to File and click Stop Service, then click Start Service.
Open the storEDGE Gate icon on your computer desktop. Go to Gate Codes and click Force Full Update.
Ensure you are logged into the computer where the gate software is installed as an ADMIN (full user privileges).
Check your antivirus software to see if storEDGE gate software is being blocked. If it is, manually update your antivirus software to exclude storEDGE gate software from being blocked.
storEDGE gate software does not create units in your corresponding gate software. It will update existing units. Ensure all of your units are set up in your gate software.
Check for an error file. In your online storEDGE account in the Gate Integration setup there is a gate provider file path listed. Follow that file path on your computer and see if an error file has been created. Resolve any errors found in the file. Common errors are mismatches between the unit number found in storEDGE with the unit number found in your gate software, or mismatches between tenant names found in storEDGE with the tenant names found in your gate software.
WinSen gate software: If you previously used WinSen Facility Management Software, ensure that WinSen FMS is disconnected from the WinSen gate by going to WinSen Property Manager, choosing Site Setup and selecting none for the gate interface field in the Site Name tab.
StorLogix gate software: In the StorLogix interface, select the facility, then click edit. In the Preprocessor field, ensure that Generic is selected. In the Software field, select STOREDGE.
StorLogix gate software: All unit numbers must be setup in StorLogix prior to integrating with storEDGE.
StorLogix gate software: If you are using v. 5.0.76, select PTI/Falcon as the Gate provider name.
Note: The storEDGE gate software will update your DigiGate, DoorKing, PTI or WinSen gate software every 5 minutes.