Your storEDGE software allows you to add your own design to emails through Email Layouts in the Document Editor. These layouts will determine the formatting of any new Email Templates you create.
Note: For best results, use the Google Chrome internet browser when working in the Document Editor.
Navigate to the Document Editor by clicking the Settings Tab in the lower left of the screen. Under the Settings section, click Documents and Emails. By default, the Letter Templates screen will appear. Click on the Email Layouts tab.
On the Email Layouts screen there is a list of default email layouts and the option to add a customized layout. The system provides default email layouts for you to use. Click Copy and Edit to customize the default layout to your brand and message. The selected email layout will open in the Document Editor where you can edit the text, add or remove replacement fields and utilize the formatting tools.
Replacement fields pull in information from the system and populate the email body with specific information. These fields function as markers for information pertinent to the recipient of the email and are automatically replaced with that information at the time of the selected action or event. For example, an overdue email message can be added to the delinquency process. If you place the replacement field of [[unit.name]] in the overdue email message, then the unit number the tenant rents will appear in the email message.
Replacement fields are organized into a table on the Document Editor page. This table is divided into several categories. Clicking the expansion arrow beside each category will expand that section and show you all of the available replacement fields in that category.
To place a replacement field in an email template:
- Locate the desired replacement field in the categorized list
- Place the cursor in the editing window in the place you wish to add the field
- Click the replacement field (denoted by a + next to the name of the field, such as + Name)
The replacement field will be automatically formatted and added to the email template.
To remove an unwanted replacement field, simply delete it from the text or click Undo at the top of the editing window.
To create a new email layout in the Document Editor:
- Click + Add new template. The Document Editor will open with a new, blank layout.
- Enter a title for the email message in the Description field.
- Begin designing your layout and typing your email message into the editor box.
- Utilize the formatting tools at the top of the editor box to make common styling choices.
- Advanced users can utilize the <>Source Code tool to add HTML code to their layout.
- Add replacement fields as needed.
- You must include the replacement field [[layout.body]] in your layout. It specifies where the email content you created in your email template is placed.