From time to time, it may be necessary to print envelopes marked with tenant names and addresses. This information is stored on each tenant profile and can be exported directly from the software to a spreadsheet as your Tenant Contact List. Exporting this list of tenant names and addresses will allow you to easily create envelopes through your word processing program.
To export your Tenant Contact List information:
- Click the Reports Tab, denoted by a pie chart icon. The Reports screen will appear.
- Click on the Occupancy dropdown. A list of options will appear.
- Choose Tenant Contact List by clicking the button beside it. A date range and dropdown will appear on the right of the screen.
- Choose the desired date range by clicking in the field and selecting the day on the calendar.
- In the dropdown menu, select Spreadsheet (CSV).
- Click Generate Report.
A spreadsheet will download. Open the spreadsheet in the appropriate program.
- Delete the Phone, Email, Country, and Units columns from the spreadsheet.
- >Save the Tenant Contact List to your computer.
- Open Microsoft Word or similar word processing program.
To create envelopes from your Tenant Contact List:
- On the toolbar, click the Mailings tab.
- Click Start Mail Merge.
- In the dropdown, click Envelopes... The Envelope Options window will appear.
- In the Envelope size dropdown, select the envelope size you need.
- Click OK. The document will adjust to your selected envelope size.
You will now import the Tenant Contact List from the downloaded spreadsheet:
- From the Mailings tab, click Select Recipients.
- In the dropdown that appears, click Use an Existing List… A Select Data Source window will appear.
- Locate the tenant contact list spreadsheet you saved to your computer. Click Open.
The Tenant Contact List is now linked to Microsoft Word.
- Type the appropriate address in the return address area (upper left corner) of the envelope. Format accordingly.
- Click the center of the document to place the cursor where the tenant’s address will be written.
- From the Mailings tab, click Address Block. The Insert Address Block window will appear.
- Review the Preview box to ensure the formatting is accurate. When satisfied, click OK.
The Address Block will now add your tenants’ addresses directly from the Tenant Contact List to your envelopes.
- From the Mailings tab, click Preview Results to view a preview of each envelope. Clicking the arrow right or arrow left buttons will cycle through the tenants. Ensure that spelling and formatting are accurate.
- Load the correct envelopes into your printer.
- From Mailings tab, click Finish & Merge.
- In the dropdown that appears, click Print Documents. The Merge to Printer window will appear.
- Choose to print All, Current Record, or a range with From: by clicking the button beside the desired option.
- Click OK. The Print window will appear.
- Set your desired options and click OK to print your envelopes.