You may have an unlimited number of users with access to your storEDGE account. Ensuring each person who uses your storEDGE account has unique login credentials is import not only from a security standpoint, but from an auditing standpoint as well. For most actions taken in your account, storEDGE records which user was responsible for that action in the tenant or unit history.
To access your User Management settings:
- Click the Corporate button in the upper right of your screen.
- Click the Settings ⛭ icon.
Adding a New User
- Click the Users button.
- Click the +New User button.
- Name: Complete the first and last name fields.
- Login: The Login field defines whether the user will use an email address or a unique username to login. It is recommended that an email address be used but for users who do not have email addresses, a username can be used. It is best to use all lower case letters when entering either an email address or username. Note that to receive a Scheduled Report, the user must have an email address associated with their user account.
- Password: If you enter an email address in the login field, then a password will be emailed to the user after the Create User button has been clicked. If you enter a username in the login field, then two fields will be revealed where you will enter and then reenter a unique password for the user. Ensure the password is at least 8 characters long.
- Role: Choose the appropriate role for the user.
- Assigned Facilities: If you have more than one facility in your account, you can choose which facility or facilities this user may access.
- Click the Create User button to activate the user.
Editing a User
Once a user account has been created, you may edit the user's name, email address, username, role and assigned facilities at any time. Additional editing actions are:
Password Reset: If a user has lost their password, you may reset it for them. In the editing screen, click the Reset Password button. If the user has an email address, the password will be emailed to them. If the user does not have an email address, a new temporary password will be displayed. Communicate the new password to the user.
Deactivate User: To temporarily turn off a user's access to your storEDGE account, click the Deactivate User button in the editing screen. The user's status will change to Inactive and they will no longer be able to login to the account.
Reactivate User: To turn a previously deactivated user's access back on, click the Reactivate User button in the editing screen.
Terminate User: To permanently turn off a user's access to your storEDGE account, click the Terminate button in the editing screen. Once a user's access has been terminated, it cannot be returned to them. If they need access again, you will have to set up a new user account for them.
storEDGE provides account owners the option to add a higher level of security to their account. In Corporate Settings, click on the User Settings button to establish your security rules. In this section, you'll be able to make the following choices:
Password Strength: Choose to use the more stringent requirement that passwords must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one numeral, one special character, and be at least 8 characters long. Leaving this option unselected reduces the password requirement to be only 8 characters long.
Password Update Period: Choose to require that passwords must be changed after a number of days.
Password Update Type: Choose to require that new passwords must be different from the last few passwords the user has had.
Automatically log out users after ___ hour(s) and ____ minute(s): After this setting is in place, users will automatically be logged out after the amount of time you’ve defined. For example, if you enter 2 hours, users will be logged out after 2 hours of inactivity.
Setting Password Verification
For increased security, users have the ability to require a password to complete certain actions within the software.
Enabling password verification will prompt users to enter their password when performing the following actions:
- Adding fees
- Waiving fees
- Issuing credits
- Adjusting rental rates
- Adjusting gate access hours
- Resetting user passwords
- Reversing payments
- Applying promotions and discounts
- Setting up autopay and ACH payment methods
- Marking a tenant as tax exempt or delinquency exempt
- Editing Rentals
To enable this feature, go to the Corporate Settings and select User Settings.