Retail items are items that your facility sells to either tenants or walk-in customers as a one-time transaction. Examples of retail items that many facilities sell include disc locks, boxes, packing materials, and refreshments.
Your software has the ability to help you keep track of your retail inventory and pricing for any item you sell at your facility. Through your Corporate Retail items settings, you can make changes to your retail inventory and pricing for all of your facilities in just a few steps, making handling retail for large companies easier and less time-consuming.
This guide will assist you in:
- Understanding Corporate Retail items settings
- Adding and editing retail items
- Assigning retail items to facilities
- Keeping track of retail inventory
Understanding Corporate and facility-level retail items settings
Your Corporate-level Retail Items settings are located under the Billing heading within your Corporate Software Settings. From your Retail items settings, you can add new retail items, make price adjustments, adjust quantities, and make batch updates to multiple facilities at once.
Your Retail items settings page has three tabs:
- Setup Retail: From here, you can add and edit retail items.
- Facilities: This tab allows you to add retail items you've previously set up to facilities at your company. You can also see what retail items each facility already carries.
- Adjust Quantity: From here, you can add or subtract items from your inventory for one facility or multiple facilities.
From your settings, you can make edits to just one facility at a time or multiple facilities as a batch.
Adding and editing retail items
You can add new retail items to your software from the Setup retail tab of your Corporate Retail items settings. Once they've been added, you can easily edit their details in the event of a price change or accounting change.
Adding a retail item
- Adding a retail item to your software from your Corporate settings will make that retail item available to add to any facility at your company.
- To add a retail item:
- From the Setup retail tab, click Add New Retail Item. A new screen will open.
- Enter an item description.
- Enter a SKU.
- Enter the cost of the item.
- Enter the suggested retail (price to the tenant).
- Click Save.
Editing a retail item
Once retail items have been added to your software, you can make changes to them easily from the Setup retail tab within your Retail items settings. To edit an existing retail item:
- Click Edit next to the right of the retail item you’d like to edit. A new screen will open.
- Make your changes. You can change the item's description, SKU, cost, or retail price.
- Click Save.
Assigning retail items to your facilities
Once you have retail items set up in your Corporate Retail items, you’ll need to assign them to facilities that plan to carry them in stock before you can add them to a tenant's ledger or process sale transactions for them in your software. You can assign retail items to multiple facilities at once or to just one facility.
To assign retail items to facilities:
- Access the Facilities tab.
- Check the boxes next to the facilities to which you’d like to assign retail items.
- Click Assign Facility Retail.
- The next screen will show you all retail items that are enabled for your facilities. To add an item, select it from the dropdown.
- Enter an Order point.
- Enter the desired Retail Price.
- Select a tax type if the item is taxable.
- Select an account code.
- Click Update Facilities to save your changes.
Keeping track of retail inventory
To adjust quantities from your Corporate Retail items settings:
- Access the Adjust Quantity tab.
- Select a retail item from the dropdown at the top of the screen. All facilities that carry that item will be listed.
- Enter the quantity of items you’d like to add to inventory for each facility.
- Click Save.